If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (619) 269-5004

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Top Tips for Avoiding An Electrical Fire

9/18/2019 (Permalink)

Exposed framing in a commercial building. This photo illustrates what happens after a fire ravages a San Diego commercial warehouse.

One of the main causes of fires in homes and businesses is due to incorrectly installed wiring, often DIY wiring at home.  They also happen due to overloaded circuits, and misuse of extension cords.  It's important to have any electrical work done in your home by a licensed electrician / electrical contractor, but here are some tips you can take action on now.

Extension Cords

Extension cords are a common cause of electrical house fires. It's also preventable. To avoid electrical fires from extension cords, make sure that the capacity of the extension cord matches that of the appliance you are using. And don't use old extension cords with exposed wiring.

Wiring Issues

If you think you may have an electrical wiring issue, ADDRESS IT RIGHT AWAY.  It's a good idea to have a licensed electrician check your home's wiring to be sure things look good.

If you have damages from a home or business fire, call us at 619-269-5004 and we can help.

Other News

View Recent Posts