High-rise Apartment and Condominium Safety in San Diego?
Fire Safety Tips
If you live in a high-rise building in downtown San Diego, SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW wants you to be prepared for a fire emergency. Here are some safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
- Meet with your landlord or building manager to learn about the fire safety features in your building.
- Know the locations of all available exit stairs from your floor in case the nearest one is blocked by fire or smoke.
- Make sure all exit and stairwell doors are clearly marked, not locked or blocked by security bars, and clear of clutter.
- If there is a fire, pull the fire alarm on your way out to notify the fire department and your neighbors.
- If the fire alarm sounds, feel the door before opening and close all doors behind you as you leave. If it is hot, use another way out. If it is cool, leave by the nearest way out.
- If an announcement is made throughout the building, listen carefully and follow directions.
- Use the stairs to get out.
SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW is ready to respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Call us today at 619-269-5004. We’ll restore your fire damage in San Diego, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of San Diego City SW is Independently Owned and Operated.