Light Bulb Fire in the Gas Lamp Quarter?
Light Bulb Epiphany
Have you ever seen a scarf draped over a lampshade to dim the light in a room? My roommate did this one time when she had a headache. Her headache was even worse when the scarf caught on fire from the hot light bulb in the lamp! Yikes!
SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW responds to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day in the Gas Lamp Quarter. Here are some light and electrical safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
- Be sure that the bulbs in your lights match what is safe for the lamp. There should be a sticker that indicates the maximum wattage for the light bulb — such as use a maximum of a 60-watt bulb.
- Light bulbs in the living area of your home, including closets, should have a shade or globe for protection. Light bulbs can get very hot and cause a fire if something that can burn is too close.
- Inspect your home for hidden electrical hazards.
- Check electrical cords to make sure the wires are not damaged, cracked, or loose. Replace them or have them professionally repaired if necessary.
For more information on electrical safety, you can download the Electrical Safety Checklist from the NFPA website.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW is on call 24-hours a day to respond to fire damage emergencies. Call us today at 619-269-5004. We’ll restore your fire damage in the Gas Lamp Quarter, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of San Diego City SW is Independently Owned and Operated.