Flooded Floor in Sherman Heights Home?
Water damage can happen at any time in San Diego.
SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW has been responding to water damage emergencies in Sherman Heights for years, and we know how important our fast 24-hour response time is for minimizing the severity of the damage. Here are some tips from our website on what to do and what not to do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW is on call 24-hours a day to respond to water damage emergencies in Sherman Heights. Call us today at 619-269-5004. We’ll restore your water damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of San Diego City SW is Independently Owned and Operated.