Smoke Alarm Safety Tips for Encanto?
Smoke alarms play a critical role in a family’s fire safety plan. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), properly working smoke alarms reduce fire deaths and injuries in homes in the United States. SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Encanto and offer these smoke alarm safety tips from the NFPA:
Smoke Alarm Safety Tips
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every ten years
Call Us Today!
When you have fire damage in your Encanto home or commercial business, you can rely on SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW to restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 619-269-5004.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.