Three Types of Contaminated Water in San Diego Homes?
Our San Diego City, South West team is trained and certified to restore areas compromised by contaminated water by the Institute for Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the nonprofit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration industry. Here are the three classifications of water contamination we restore:
Category 1: "Clean Water"
This is water from a clean source, such as a broken clean water supply line or faucet.
Category 2: "Gray Water"
- It may contain bacteria and viruses
- It can quickly degrade into category three if left untreated
Category 3: "Black Water"
This water is grossly unsanitary and could cause severe illness or death if ingested, and any contact should be avoided. Sources for category three water could include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
Here is some more information about stormwater from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA):
- Stormwater pollution comes from materials washed into the drains
- Stormwater pollution contains chemicals
- Bacteria from pet waste
- Sewage overflow
- Paint and construction debris
Call Us Today!
Contaminated water should only be mitigated by trained professionals. When you need help with water damage in your San Diego home or commercial business, our San Diego City South West team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 619-269-5004.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.