Hoarding Fire in East Village Victorian?
Our San Diego City, South West team responds to fire damage emergencies every year in the East Village area. Our technicians are trained and certified by the Institute for Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to clean and restore homes damaged by fire. Hoarding is a condition where a person has difficulty discarding personal possessions. This accumulation of items can cause unsafe living conditions and place inhabitants at risk for fire. Here is some information about hoarding from the National Fire Protection Association:
Hoarding Increases Fire Risks
- Cooking is unsafe if flammable items are close to the stove or oven
- Heating units may be too close to things that can burn. They might also be placed on unstable surfaces. If a heater tips over into a pile, it can cause a fire.
- Electrical wiring may be old or worn from the weight of piles. Pests could chew on wires, and damaged wires can start fires.
- Open flames from smoking materials or candles in a home with excess clutter are very dangerous
- Blocked pathways and exits may hinder escape from a fire
Call Us Today!
Hoarding environments can impact everyone in the neighborhood. When you have a fire damage emergency in your East Village home or commercial business, our San Diego City South West team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 619-269-5004.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.