Electrical Cord Safety Tips for Sherman Heights Residents?
Do you know that extension cords cause fires, injuries, and death when used improperly? Our San Diego City, South West team offers these extension cord safety tips from The Electrical Safety Foundation International (EFSI):
- Do not overload extension cords or allow them to run through water or snow on the ground
- Do not substitute extension cords for permanent wiring
- Do not run through walls, doorways, ceilings, or floors
- Do not use an extension cord for more than one appliance
- Multiple plug outlets must be plugged directly into mounted electrical receptacles; they cannot be chained together
- Make sure the extension cord or temporary power strip is rated for the products to be plugged in and is marked for either indoor or outdoor use
- Never use a cord that feels hot or is damaged in any way
- Never use three-prong plugs with outlets with only two slots for the plug. Do not cut off the ground pin to force a fit. Never force a plug into an outlet if it doesn’t fit.
- Buy only cords approved by an independent testing laboratory, such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Intertek (ETL), or Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
Call Us Today!
Our San Diego City, South West team is a trusted leader in fire damage restoration services in Sherman Heights. Call us today at 619-269-5004.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.