Kitchen Fire Cleanup in Point Loma/Sunset Cliffs
When SERVPRO of San Diego City SW got the call for a "small kitchen fire" in the Point Loma/Sunset Cliffs neighborhood of San Diego, originally the homeowner thought it would be a very small job and possibly just equipment rental from us. This was because the fire was contained quickly, and it was relatively small in what it actually burned. It actually originated from a faulty dishwasher electrical connection.
When our owner, Ben, arrived onsite to walk the job with the tenants, dialing in to the owner via phone, he explained to them that not only was this pretty significant fire / smoke / soot damage (the smoke and soot was in the central HVAC system, and when the odor gets in an HVAC system, it must be properly cleaned, so as not to disperse the particles once the system is turned on). There was also significant water damage to the downstairs, when the firefighters extinguished the fire in the kitchen. And thank goodness for that, as no one was injured thanks to the great work of the San Diego Firefighters.
It was thanks to Ben's honesty and communication, and him educating the tenants and owners on the true scope of the work, that we were selected to do the fire and water cleanup for them. They were so happy with our crews that we received all 10/10s on our customer satisfaction form!
If you have fire, smoke, or soot damage here in San Diego, call SERVPRO of San Diego City SW 24/7 at (619) 269-5004.