Don’t Get in a Dander over Pet Smells; SERVPRO of San Diego City SW Clears the Air
We Love Our Pets
San Diego often earns a top spot in lists of “pet-friendly cities” in the U.S., and for good reason. We have:
- The annual surf dog competition at Loews Coronado Bay (when it’s safe to gather in crowds)
- Pet-friendly beaches and parks
- A high proportion of pet-accepting landlords
- Pet-friendly kayak trips
- One of the first off-leash parks in the U.S. (make sure your dog responds to voice commands)
We Don’t Love Everything about Our Pets
At SERVPRO® of San Diego City SW, we’ve learned that home owners and landlords are happy to keep pet photos for decades after the furry loved ones have passed on, but they’d like the odors to disappear sooner rather than later.
We understand. Between families, friends, and work, we’ve heard about:
- Pets that manage to shed more than they weigh -- every single day
- Pet-caused mistakes hidden from view, but not from the sense of smell
- Souvenirs and gifts brought from the great outdoors to closets, pet beds, and kitchen tables
- Close encounters of the skunk kind
- Dogs that dig through trash to find dinner remainders from earlier in the week
- Waste that qualifies as biological warfare
You might be so used to the aromas that you don’t notice them, but try going outside for a while, then come back in after an hour or so. If an inferno of aroma seems to leap out as soon as the door is open, give us a call.
Our number is 619-269-5004. We understand the problems.
Our four-legged family members have some limitations. They never pick up after themselves, they refuse to be in the same room as a working vacuum cleaner (let alone use one), and they believe “you stink” is a compliment.
Pet-friendly businesses have to deal with pet odors too, and we’re here for commercial and public clients just as we are for residential ones.
What SERVPRO of San Diego City SW Can Do
We not only have thumbs, making it easier to clean up after the fur-balls than they can, we have training and experience in restoration from all kinds of biological contaminants.
- Clean the carpets and floors to remove pet hair and the odor-producing dander
- Clean and disinfect upholstery and window treatments
- Clean and disinfect the HVAC
- Follow the air currents to find deposits of pet hair and dander
- Reinstall drywall or carpeting damaged by pet urine or other markings
- Use Ozoning equipment to remove, not mask, odors
We’ll also “ooh” and “aah” over the little darlings.