Severe Thunderstorm Warning in San Diego County?
Last month, a severe thunderstorm warning was issued for San Diego. Our San Diego City, South West team has the training, equipment, and experience to restore storm damage “Like it never even happened.” Here are some thunderstorm safety tips from the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
When thunder roars, go indoors. Find a safe, enclosed shelter. Safe shelters include homes, offices, shopping centers, and hard-top vehicles with the windows rolled up.
Crouching or getting low to the ground can reduce your chances of being struck but does not remove you from danger. If you are caught outside with no safe shelter nearby, the following actions may reduce your risk:
- Immediately get off elevated areas such as hills, mountain ridges, or peaks
- Never lie flat on the ground. Crouch down in a ball-like position with your head tucked and hands over your ears so that you are down low with minimal contact with the ground.
- Never shelter under an isolated tree
- Never use a cliff or rocky overhang for shelter
- Immediately get out of and away from ponds, lakes, and other bodies of water
- Stay away from objects that conduct electricity (such as barbed wire fences, power lines, or windmills)
If you are in a group during a thunderstorm, separate from each other. This will reduce the number of injuries if lightning strikes the ground.
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage in your San Diego home or commercial business, our San Diego City, South West team can help. Call us today at 619-269-5004.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.