If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (619) 269-5004

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Microwave Oven Catches on Fire in Logan Heights Home?

5/23/2023 (Permalink)

A person puts out a microwave fire with a fire extinguisher. We restore fire damage 24 hours a day in San Diego County.

Our local San Diego City, South West team is trained and certified to restore fire damage quickly and efficiently. Logan Heights residents and businesses have relied on us for fire, soot, and smoke damage restoration services for many years.

Microwave ovens make food reheating and dethawing easy. Here are some microwave oven safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:

  • PURCHASE a microwave oven that is listed by a qualified testing laboratory. Make sure to complete and return the product registration card. This way, the manufacturer can reach you if there is a recall of the product.
  • PLUG the microwave oven directly into the wall outlet — never use an extension cord
  • MAKE sure the microwave oven is at a safe height, within easy reach of all users
  • OPEN food slowly, away from the face. Hot steam or the food itself can cause burns.
  • FOOD heats unevenly in microwave ovens. Stir and test before eating or giving to children.
  • NEVER heat a baby bottle in the microwave. Since a microwave oven heats unevenly, it can create hot pockets, leading to burns. Warm a bottle in a bowl of warm, not hot or boiling, water, or by running it under the tap.

Call Us Today!

When your home or commercial business in Logan Heights has fire, soot, and smoke damage, our San Diego City, South West team is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 619-269-5004.

Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts